Wio Terminal screen stopped working

I can no longer do anything with the screen except turn the backlighting on and off.
The examples I’ve tried don’t work.

I’ve ordered another Wio Terminal to see if it’s my code or a hardware problem.

What exactlly happened?

Old tft library issues?

I am curious if you tried a reset or tried to put it in boot loader mode? I doubt it would help but it would be the first thing I would try.

Did you happen to open it up?

I do not know what happened. There was a board upgrade to version 1.7.5. Now it doesn’t work. I uninstalled all of the Arduino IDE and re-installed it. No good. My on-screen keyboard code (you’ve seen it elsewhere in the forum) now shows a black screen and that’s all until I turn the backlight on and it shows all white.

Yes I reset it many times.
I don’t see what value it would be to put it in boot loader mode.

This could be a library issues, try roll back to 1.7.2?

See if the LCD comes back on.

I tried that also. 1.7.1 also. No good.

The same thing happened to me. I spent days trying to figure it out. Even bought new terminals and they had the same issue. I read somewhere online that it was caused by one of the libraries. I deleted all my libraries and reinstalled and was able to get my new terminals to work as the tutorial shows. However, the terminal that had the orginal issue is still having problems. Screen Turns white, but doesnt display text or background color.
The game worked when I first got it, so I think the screen is ok, Maybe it needs a firmware update?

You can download and put the circuitpython in Wio Terminal to test whether it is a hardware problem.

Please try this.

Best Regards.