Wio Terminal QSPI Flash recommended library

According to the schematics, the W25Q32JVZPIM is a QSPI Flash.

• What is the recommended library to use it?

The Wio Terminal wiki pages don’t mention it.

Thank you!

Hi @reivilo
there exist lib to support QSPI in our github. the examples are very helpful for you to how to use it.

Hi @Hansen

Thank you for the pointer. It would be worth mentioning it on the Wio Terminal wiki pages.

@reivilo Thanks for your feedback, we will put the QSPI code in right now.

Actually, the Seeed_Arduino_SFUD library relies on QSPI to simulate a SD card on the Flash memory.

It’s nice that the user doesn’t have to worry about the underlying hardware. @reivilo

Hi @Hansen, I am trying to use the library you have indicated but using the sample file FlashWrite.ino I always get this back on the serial monitor and I see nothing else: [SFUD] (D: \ libraries \ Seeed_Arduino_SFUD-master \ src \ sfud.c: 116) Am I doing something wrong or is something wrong?

@Baozhu Thank you for the code. It works fine!

Now a tricky question:

• The Who Terminal is mounted as a Mass Storage Device. Could we write data to this volume from a sketch?

This would allow not to rely on micro-SD cards.

Thank you and best regards,

In which scenarios will this feature be used?

Hi @Gianfry60:
did you use the newest lib to test the flash of the wio terminal?

Use cases:

• Data acquisition
  • Ancillary files for web server

Hi @Hansen, I have downloaded from your link in this forum the library and in fact this works regularly I had downloaded it starting from the Wiki and probably the link leads to an outdated version. Thank you

A related query based on reivilo’s query. I would like to check of the Arduino drive is accessible from a program. I have no issues writing or reading from the program to either SD or FLASH. I can make the arduino drive visible on my system write files to it but if the wio is powered on or reset the file is deleted.

It would be good if the contents can be made visible to a program. Use case would be to replace the SD card with flash and write configuration files to flash for reading/writing by the program.