I really like the Wio Terminal but I’m facing some annoying limitations.
Here are some ideas for the next generation:
- Provide a larger and higher-resolution screen, eg. 3.2" 480x320 with capacitive touch.
- Expose the SWD signal with the standard 2x5 0.05" connector for easy debugging.
- Mount the light sensor and the IR transmitter on the front panel, not the rear panel as they are covered by the battery extension.
- Since the Wio Terminal is IoT-capable, feature OTA for program upload.
- Include a battery monitor, either through some basic voltage reading or with more advanced battery management controller (eg. BQ27520-G4 or BQ27441-G1).
- Improve alignment between the cases of the Wio Terminal and the Chassis Battery (as they currently show a 1mm misalignment both vertically and horizontally).