Wio Terminal LoRaWAN Field Tester Kit stopped working after 2 days

Hello, after 2 days of use, the unit won’t boot up. When I switch it on, nothing is displayed on the screen. I get a solid green light and a fast flashing blue one. Disconnected the LoRaWAN module, swapped power sources and cable but still have the same issue. Is my hardware faulty?

Do you mean that the separate wio terminal is currently no longer working?

Can I find out what voltage you are supplying it with and how much power?

Hi, that is correct, he separate WIO terminal is no longer working. I’ve been using a Powerbank USB A output rated at 5V, 2.1A(10.5 W) and the USB A port in my car. I have been leaving it connected in the car recently when I discovered it no longer works.

When I connect it to a PC, I can see the Arduinio drive with 3 files on it. It seems to be in Bootloader mode with the blue light breathing as per: Get Started with Wio Terminal - Seeed Wiki .When I connect it to a powerbank however, the blue light flashes rapidly. The screen does not come on in either scenarios.

You can try re-burning the firmware to see if you can get the wio terminal to work properly, see this wiki.

If it still doesn’t work, you can contact the technical support email address and they will handle the replacement or repair or other options for you.
If this works, please download the lorawan firmware for the wio terminal again.

Before trying the default firmware, I instead dropped the updated firmware from here: WioLoRaWANFieldTester/WioLoRaWANFieldTester_LoRaE5_ALLZONE.uf2 at master · disk91/WioLoRaWANFieldTester · GitHub This immediately brought the screen back to life but my device ID and credentials got reset to ‘zeros’. I next entered the credentials listed here: Rebuild doc including console v2 settings · disk91/WioLoRaWANFieldTester@5ccab55 · GitHub which seemed to have generated a new Device ID. The device seems to be working now but I can’t join the network.

disk91 has reached out to me on Discord and helped me get back the correct credentials. The terminal is now fully working again. Thank you for all your assistsnce.

1 Like