Wio Terminal is officially supported by Edge Impulse now!

Start running embedded machine learning and deploy TinyML models on Wio Terminal!

enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning. Machine Learning at the very edge will enable valuable use of the 99% of sensor data that is discarded today due to cost, bandwidth, or power constraints.

Now, Wio Terminal is officially supported by Edge Impulse. Let’s see how to get Wio Terminal started with Machine learning at the very edge! We will introduce:

• How to get started with Edge Impulse on Wio Terminal
  • Step-by-step tutorial: Using Wio Terminal with Edge Impulse to Distinguish Alcohol
  • Wio Terminal Continuous Motion Recognition

Src: Seeed Monthly Newsletter

I have followed the documentation to load the EdgeImpluse.uf2 firmware. After entering bootloader mode and dragging the uf2 file to the Arduino drive, Wio Terminal did reset and the Arduino drive appeared again. (I tried loading other firmware like “CircuitPython” without problem).

After the above step, I launched Edge Impluse Daemon but it could not connect to the Wio Terminal. I have checked that the COM port is correct:

Edge Impulse serial daemon v1.7.3
Endpoints:
Websocket: wss://remote-mgmt.edgeimpulse.com
API: https://studio.edgeimpulse.com/v1
Ingestion: https://ingestion.edgeimpulse.com

? Which device do you want to connect to? COM10 (Microsoft)
[SER] Connecting to COM10
[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config…
[SER] Failed to get info off device Timeout

Hi @garymok

Recently, we have updated firmware very frequently, please download the firmware and upload again. If you still having problems please feel free to let me know.

Does the built in microphone on the wio terminal work with any edge impulse examples?

Not yet, but we are working on the software.

Does anyone have issues connecting Wio terminal to Edge Impulse. I get truncated errors trying to run the Arduino CLI library and I am not able to have Wio identified on the Edge Impulse studio site. I’m connecting via USB but there is no sign that it is connecting.
Is there a better document out there other than the ones already published on seeedstudio.com? This article from July 2020 doesn’t provide enough detail to help with the issues I find trying to install the different components. I’m working from Windows.

Where do I find the firmware updates?