Wio Terminal and Nema 23 Stepper Motor

I am trying to figure out what hardware I need to connect a Wio Terminal to a stepper motor driver. In this case I am using a Nema 23 Stepper motor with a 24-48V stepper motor driver. The Wio would send the required inputs to control direction and speed (`Enable’ and ‘PWM’). The other two connectors are a relay and a load cell/amplifier. The last two I feel confident I can figure out but I haven’t seen any information on how to operate a stepper motor.

These are the precautions for using stepper motors that I saw on steppermotor.fr. If you need more tutorials and information, you can check it out.

1. Stepper motor used at low speed - the rotation speed does not exceed 1,000 rpm, preferably between 150 and 450 rpm. At the same time, a reduction device is used to operate, so that the motor is very efficient and the noise is not very loud.
  2. It is best not to use the entire stepper motor, but when the vibration is large, the entire stepper motor can be used.
  3. For loads with large rotational inertia, motors with larger spacing should be selected.
  4. When the motor is running at a higher speed or with a large inertia load, it generally does not start at the operating speed, but gradually increases the frequency and speed. One is that the motor does not lose steps, and the other is to reduce noise and improve stop positioning accuracy.
  5. When the accuracy requirements are high, it should be solved by mechanical deceleration, increasing the motor speed or using a high-resolution driver.
  6. The motor should not be used in vibration areas. If necessary, the problem can be solved by changing the voltage, current, or adding a buffer.
  7. Motors running below 90 RPM should be powered with low current, high inductance, and low voltage.
  8. The principle of selecting the motor first and then the driver should be followed. The voltage range of the stepper motor driver covers a wide range.

————————————————————————————————————
STEPPERMOTOR.FR’ motor product series is rich, with different number of phases and step angles to choose from. Each motor has its own unique advantages and characteristics to meet the needs of different customers and different applications.