Wio Terminal and LoRa

Hello, first post so not sure if I’m in the right place. I’m looking at getting the Wio Terminal with the LoRa/GPS expansion pack but I have questions. Firstly is there a working version of meshtastic available for it? I’ve searched high and low but haven’t found any definitive answers or links :face_with_monocle: secondly I’m also looking at the battery expansion too, what’s the average run time with LoRa active and has anyone upgraded the 650mah battery to something a bit higher? Any information is greatly appreciated thanks

Welcome… I do not have this device but hopefully someone on here may be able to help… you are in the right place!

Ah thank you! Well fingers crossed, I am looking at ordering one next week so I’d like some info in advance before I make a final decision:)

i dont know what time zone you are in… but the Seeed guys dont come to work for another 8 or 9 hours

I’m in the UK, I’m in no rush though, plenty of time until I make a decision haha

Hi @Alan_Ball the Wio terminal is not yet support Meshtastic yet.
but we will add a LoRa expansion board for XIAO ESP32 and nRF52840, so that will make XIAO a meshtastic-enabled dev kit.

Stay tuned

2 Likes

Ah I see, well thanks for the feedback :relaxed:

1 Like