Windows Drivers for X86J4105

Hello everyone,

I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my ODYSSEY X86J4105.
I was wondering, if you have any driver repository or package available for this board? So far, all drivers came from Windows Update, except for a Device being displayed as “PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_31C2&SUBSYS_72708086&REV_03)”. (Could it be, that this is needed for GPIO functionality?)

Any help here would be highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Oliver

Windows 10 should come with all the hardware drivers. Do you need any extra drivers? @TenchuuIchi

i would assume they mean a driver pack if windows is reinstalled

The hardware we choose is the hardware that windows10 system can support, there is no special hardware, so there is no separately packaged driver. @wx4cb

@wx4cb Can you try checking updating the OS from Updates & Security , it will download and install the required drivers needed.

So, for the drivers that are installed for GPIO in the Windows 10 installation (i.e., Intel® Serial IO GPIO Host Controller - INT3453, …Serial IO I2C Host Controller, … Serial IO SPI Host Controller, and Serial IO UART Host Controller) are these for the 40 pin Raspberry Pi header, or the 28 pin Arduino header?

I would think it would have to be for the 40 pin header since the 28 pin header should be connected to the SAMD21 coprocessor. If that’s the case, does this mean I should be able to access the 40 pin GPIO via a Windows 10 app? (e.g., C#.NET code?)

Hi @TenchuuIchi

I’ve uploaded the windows drivers for X86 on the wiki: https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ODYSSEY-X86J4105/#resources

Hope this helps.

@lyle, checking in. Were you successful in accessing the GPIO within Windows and Visual Studio/C#?

I never really pursued it further since we didn’t need that functionality for the project at that time.