Using other mbedtls cryptographic function together with rpcWiFi library

Hello,
I’m working on an application for the Wio Terminal, storing sensor data directly into Azure Storage Tables.
In this App I need some cryptografic functions (MD5 hash, SHA256 hash, base64 encoding and -decoding).
I have the application in its basic functions already working on the Wio Terminal using the atWiFi Api, were I could use the above listed cryptographic functions from the Seeed_Arduino_mbedtls library.
-https://github.com/RoSchmi/PlatformIO/tree/master/Proj/Wio_Terminal_Azure_DataSender_02.
Now I’m trying to switch to the new rpcWiFi api but it seems that I can not longer use the functions of the Seeed_Arduino_mbedtls library since the mbedtls functions are now included in the Seeed_Arduino_rpcUnified library and it seems to me, that the above named functions
are not included. As I think, I cannot use the Seeed_Arduino_mbedtls library besides the Seeed_Arduino_rpcUnified library since Seeed_Arduino_mbedtls has a dependency to the Seeed_Arduino_atUnified library.
Is there a way how the needed functions can easily be provided in conjunction with new rpcWiFi api?
Kind regards
RoSchmi

I found a preliminary solution:
I copied these files from the Seeed_Arduino_mbedtls library (md5.c, platform_util.c, base64.c, md.c, md_wrap.c, ripemd160.c, sha1.c, sha256.c and sha512.c) in the PlatformIO folder: .pio/libdeps/… Seeed Arduino rpcUnified/src/rtl_wifi and made a little modification to the header file ‘platform_util.h’ in the folder .pio/libdeps/…/src/mbedtls

However it would be nice if these libraries could be used without this hack.

Hi @RoSchmi

Yes, we are working on this mbedtls library, please check the dev branch for this. https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Seeed_Arduino_mbedtls/tree/dev

1 Like

Thanks @ansonhe97,
Using the files from the Seeed_arduino_mbedtls dev branch worked for me.
On PlatformIO I had to copy the library files manually in the .pio/libdeps folder, maybe that the automatic installation through PlatformIO works only for files from the master branch

Cool.

Now the situations is that some users still using the AT-command and so the master branch need to stay no move…

But we will figure something out :smiley: