USB CAN Analyzer Help

Hi,

I recently purchased this item: <LINK_TEXT text=“https://www.seeedstudio.com/USB-CAN-Ana … -2888.html”>https://www.seeedstudio.com/USB-CAN-Analyzer-p-2888.html</LINK_TEXT>

But I can’t figure out how to get can bus data from my car with this?

The software is super confusing - I’ve read all the pdfs on the github page, but still can’t figure it out. I just want to be able to see my can bus stream on my laptop etc - Does this hardware not allow that?

Hi,

Did you check these documents? <LINK_TEXT text=“https://github.com/SeeedDocument/USB-CA … s/Document”>https://github.com/SeeedDocument/USB-CAN-Analyzer/tree/master/res/Document</LINK_TEXT>

for the USB transfer CAN follow these steps

1. Insert the USB transfer CAN, install the driver
  2. Open the USB transfer CAN epistatically machine application, choose COM port (port from the device manager inside port saw that is CH340 USB transfer CAN port),

Click on the open, according to the practical demands setting CAN baud rate, frame type, filter ID, mask ID etc, click CAN set CAN be used

Resources

[list]

• Change the port baud rate.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • USB - CAN converter self-test.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • CAN configuration description.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • Receive of ID configure usage instructions.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • Software reply usage description.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • Software multi frame transmission usage description.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • Bus Monitoring.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • Use of offline function instructions.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • Instructions for use of transparent transmission.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • Send and receive data display area instructions.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • 10.Restore the default configuration description.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • USB (Serial port) to CAN protocol defines.pdf
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • USB-CAN simple use of instructions.pdf
  • [/list]

Recently bought unit, document and wiki have viewed already. using it for debugging/sending data CAN from Raspberry 3B.
    I have used the canusb code provided for linux user and a Seeedstuido arduino CAN shield and its exmaple code to receive CAN data but no luck, and written a test code on raspberry pi just to send serial data to the usb port where analyzer is connected and no luck either.
    Can you please start helping with the troubleshooting process please?
    Thanks

Hi, have already one of your USB-CAN Analyzer if i perform a selftest the device didn’t recieve anything.
    Checked recieving also with another device but it’s not working.

What can be wrong? Sending is ok.

Have traced the issue down…
    The STm32F103 is not sending anything von CH340 RX / STM32 TX. But soldering is ok and i can check continuity down to CH340 RX.

If i connect CH340 TX with RX its working (selftest). So CH340 is not the issue.
    CAN sending is also working TX / RX is doing something between MCP / STM32.

So probably the STM32 failed. Maybe only flash failure or the STM32 TX failed internaly.

Can you provide me the BIN / HEX file so i can reprogram the STM32 and check if its back working.
    If not i will try to find a new / unused one (if this is currently possible… i think most STM32F103 on Aliexpress are old used or fake…) and reprogram it.

Would be glad if you can send me the binary to fix my USB-CAN Analyzer…

Hi @Noy ! I have the same problem. Were you able to solve this somehow? Thanx.

Good morning.
    I am having the problem that not even the self test is working.
    I look under com port settings, to make sure baud rates are the same.
    The unit responds correctly, 3 flashes for 115200baud setting.
    I can see the red light flashes when clicking “set and start”.
    When i press “send a single frame” both red and green LED flash.
    But on the software, it only says “send” no receive.
    Any ideas?

Has anyone gotten this thing to work? I have tried and tried, I’m about to send my one back. £40 and not a thing works on the software, send only, no receive, LEDs only flash once on power up. Tried reset to defaults, same behaviour. The driver is installed and the device is seen but that is all.

Hello.
    Are you using the V8 version of the OP? Is your baud rate aligned? Its default baud rate is 2000000.
    Also, you can try to do self-receive and self-send test.

It is stated that the default baud rate is 2000000. However computer only goes to 128000. If I set analyzer to 128000 and computer to 128000 nothing happens on self test. In fact if device is not connected the software still looks like it is sending. Are there any special settings required on the com port? (The computer does recognize the device when it is plugged in.)