Update the WioTerminal firmware via OTA

Who has made a firmware update of the Wio Terminal via OTA? Which library did you use? is it possible to use existing libraries for ESP32? If it is possible what is the procedure to adapt them?
Thanks for any suggestions

1 Like

We’re working on it. Please check out our website, which is expected to be released in Q4.

Hi @Baozhu, do you have any news about the update the Wio Terminal firmware via OTA?

@Gianfry60 At present, we have moved the development of Wio Terminal to a different department at Seeed, and I hope they can complete this function as soon as possible

Best Regards,
Lakshantha

Hi @lakshan, can you tell me who is doing this development so that I can interface with him?
Thanks

Hi @Gianfry60, Honestly, we are still in the process of moving everything. I will let you know once everything is handed out to them.

Best Regards,
Lakshantha

@lakshan same as the rest of missing fonctions ? Lol

@DanielVALAT

Can I know the missing functions you are looking forward to?

Micropython network …

This is a feature on the agenda, but still hasn’t started any development.

The reason behind that is, we are trying to improve the Wi-Fi functionality for Arduino first. Then we will move on to Wi-Fi functionality for ArduPy.

Best Regards,
Lakshantha

@Baozhu @lakshan any news on getting sample code and/or documentation to help with implementing over-the-air firmware updates?

@Baozhu @lakshan any news on getting sample code and/or documentation to help with implementing over-the-air firmware updates?
This function is very important because having several Wio_Terminals installed, making an update via USB every time is very expensive. Hope this utility is available soon.

Any news from your “agenda” ? lol

Hi Team, Any updates on OTA? Without it, it makes this product more difficult to manage than it’s ESP32 competitors.

Hi!

Any news about the OTA implementation for the Wio Terminal?

Thank you!

OTA implementation for the Wio Terminal:

1 Like

Hi, @Citric I have a project with WIO Terminal and Ethernet shield. This is connected to a MySQL database and the ethernet library is managed directly by the MySQL Connector library. Using Blynk for OTA is complicated and moreover if I have more peripherals it forces me to have a subscription with Blynk. Is there a way to upgrade the Firmware without using Blynk?
I await your considerations.
Thank you
Gianfranco

Hello, the upgrade method we provide is Blynk because we have tried here to make sure that there is no problem. There is no other attempt at other places, so there is no way to give you the answer. Maybe you need to try other platforms yourself.

Hi @Citric, Do you have any news on what other platforms are available? Are there any APIs or libraries I can use?
Thank you
Gianfranco

Sorry, we don’t have other platforms