Unable to write bootloader to XIAO when in DFU

Hi All,

So received the Seeeduino XIAO, and wanted to install CircuitPython.
Powered my board, Double-RESET, WIndows 10 shows “Arduino” USB Drive. All looks good for launch.

Well, I cannot write the uf2 file to the above drive, nor any file, and also cannot read the .HTML or UF2.TXT file nor copy them off the XIAO.

My guess is a Windows issue, but figured I would reach out here.

TIA!

AHA, cannot use USB2.0 with a Type C cable to connect XIAO to PC, must be USB3.0 with Type C cable.

Correctly connected and all is well.

Regards,

Sorry for bringing up such an old topic but I have exactly the same problem and the solution doesn’t work for me. I tried 3 different cables and all the ports of my laptop (USB3.0 SS, USB-C and everything) but no luck. I get the exact same behavior each time - drive appears but I can’t copy to/from there.

Otherwise the board is working - it accepts and executes Arduino sketches through the Arduino IDE.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

I tried with another laptop and it worked :man_facepalming: Again USB 3.0 SS port (as in the first laptop). With the first laptop I got no error messages, no device manager issues. No idea what went wrong. After CircuitPython uf2 upload the XIAO works fine with the first laptop - I have access to CIRCUITPY drive and can operate with files.

So my experience in short:

1. try another laptop/PC
  2. never buy DELL gaming series laptop (I had other issues with it as well and I’m highly disappointed with this laptop).

Good luck everyone!

i appreciate your question, for write bootloader there you should visit NFT Gaming Platform Development Services - Hivelance