Unable to connect to Seeeduino

Hi there,

I wanted to start my first arduino project with a Seeeduino V4.2. So i ordered one, connected with USB mini to my Windows 10 pc and installed the arduino software. But since then, my computer wont find the arduino. I installed the driver, i installed the V4 driver, but nothing. Not in the device list, neither I can chose the port in the software. So, I ordered another one to be sure, that the first one isnt broken. Same problem. Any idea?

1 Like

Have you done this step yet : https://dronebotworkshop.com/seeeduino-xiao-intro/

Scroll down to ’ Setting up the Arduino IDE for the Seeeduino XIAO’

1 Like

also be sure that you are using a data transfer type c cable and not just a charging one or else it wont be able to communicate with the device if the step above didnt work,if you follow both our advice i assure you the device will be ready to use

Root cause: The latest batch (During Oct) of Seeeduino shipped might have wrong fuse, which will cause bootloader sector get skipped. For the first time we upload test program via bootloader, it is all right. But if the device is repowered, the MCU does not go into bootloader anymore.

Solution:

1. Please refer to the quick fix by Bitbang mode as the last post from Albert
    if it is too much trouble,
  2. we are more than relieved to replace one for you.

We did serious testing to the Seeeduino shipped, [visual inspect β†’ program bootloader β†’ functional test of each pin β†’ package]. But we still need a complete process to cover the exceptions. The damage to our quality and your time is permanent.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez