UartSB V2.1 cannot communicate with XBee Pro Series 2

I’ve connected the UartSB V2.1 to my system (which I’ve used as a serial<->USB adapter successfully) and plugged in the XBee Pro Series 2 [XBP24-BWIT] (this is a new device and I’ve made sure pin 1 is where it should be) and X-CTU is not able to recognize the XBee module. I know for sure I’m using the correct COM port (I can see LED flicker when typing using Hyperterm). There is barely any useful documentation on the UartSB V2.1, mostly one liners that don’t really explain much, so I’m not sure if I’m missing some 1K resistor somewhere to really enable the communications with the module. The ASSOC, ON/SLEEP and VCC LEDs are all on. I have the XBEE-BT switch set to XBEE and the 5v-3V3 set to 3.3 volts.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Edmund

UPDATE: I’ve also tried a UartSB V2.2, which seems to have a resistor for DTR and I have the same behavior. One thing I neglected to mention before is that both UartSBs (V2.1 and V2.2) have the Bluetooth module soldered in, but I’m assuming that the XBEE-BT switch allows you to pick which one of the modules you want to have “active” and would not expect that to be an issue.