Uart Camera Module C328

Hello,

I have a few questions concerning the c328 module before probably buying it :slight_smile::

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/uart-camera-module-with-jpeg-compression-c328-p-209.html

1. Are the pictures temporarily stored on the camera eeprom before they are sent using the serial connection? Or do I need to store the on a sd card for example?

2. How many Mb is a average picture (JPEG)? Just to get a idea :slight_smile:

I want to use the camera for a wireless project using the nrf24L01 but I donโ€™t know if the wireless transfer rate is fast enough when a lot of images are sent?

Thanks in advance.

1. Are the pictures temporarily stored on the camera eeprom before they are sent using the serial connection? Or do I need to store the on a sd card for example?

You may choose to download the pic from EEProm or ask the module to send via serial directly.

1. How many Mb is a average picture (JPEG)? Just to get a idea :slight_smile:

About 15-25KB in size.

We havenโ€™t use this module in practical project yet, maybe you could refer to the great walkthough: kalarakis.gr/Entry_001138.doc

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: Still a few question remaining:

I want to send the still pictures or video wireless to a host. Sending pictures wireless is not a problem.

This is a single file that I will store on a SD card and send wireless to the host.

What format is the video (i am not experienced on this area)? Will this be separate pictures send with a high rate (frame rate)? Or is this a raw format (one stream)? I ask this question because I also want to send video using wireless if possible. Iโ€™ve heard that sending a raw format (one continuous file) is very difficult for a beginner.

How fast can pictures be taken using the still mode?

Thanks in advance.

You may refer to the manual: seeedstudio.com/depot/datash โ€ฆ 0UM_V4.pdf
It outputs JPG, the capture speed varies according to the resolution. Plz let me know if other question :slight_smile: