Troubleshooting (shut off ) Sound

Grove Beginner Kit.
When I connect the cable from my desktop to the Arduino board the power (pwr) light (green) comes on accompanied by a persistent sound. I can’t figure how to turn off the sound.

I think you have a program on the board, which causes the problem. I wrote a program with Arduino ide to simulate this problem.

int BuzzerPin = 5;
void setup() {
  pinMode(BuzzerPin, OUTPUT);
}
void loop() {
  analogWrite(BuzzerPin, 128);
}

The solution is that you can write an empty program to solve this problem.

void setup() {
}
void loop() {
}

If you need to know how to use Arduino IDE to write and upload programs for Grove Beginner Kit, check out our wiki documentation.
I hope this content can help you. If you have any questions, you can continue to ask.

Thank you for your detailed and helpful response. I tried this solution, but it didn’t work. I also discover that the Arduino IDE I am using does not have drivers for Genuino Uno board as it does not appear on the list of available boards in the board manager. I looked for the Arduino AVR driver in the directory, but cannot find this either. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for your reminder. The Arduino IDE has modified the content organization of the Tools menu. It should now be connected: Tools -> Board:“Arduino ​Uno”-> Arduino AVR Boards -> Arduino Uno

​We will revise and update the content of the Wiki.

I need to reconfirm your current situation.
In addition, you said that you tried to write a new program to Grove Beginner Kit. Are you sure that the program has been successfully written to the new program, but the problem still cannot be solved? Or are you unable to write a new program and the problem cannot be solved?

Usually, you choose the right board and port and upload a new program to solve the problem.

Thank you for providing this update. What you propose here has solved the problem.

May I also ask, what the correct way to end a program is ? For example, the first lesson provided (“Blinking With The LED”). What is the appropriate way to stop the light blinking after the program has run ?

For hardware programming, there is no correct way to end the program. We usually hope that the device will continue to perform a certain function after power-on, such as making the LED light continue to flash. If you want it to blink for a specified time and then turn off, you can set the blinking time by programming and then turn off the LED.

This is clear. Thank you for your support