Trouble programming Seeeduino Lite on Ubuntu

Hi there,

I just received an order of 3 Seeeduino Lite’s, and I’m having trouble programming them. I’m running Ubuntu 13.04.

I have copied the USBCore.cpp and boards.txt files over the ones in my Arduino-1.0.1 installation.

I have selected “Seeeduino Lite” in the Board section of the Arduino interface, and have selected the /dev/ttyACM0 port.

When I go to upload, there is a brief flickering of RX/TX lights on the Seeeduino Lite but shortly after a while I get this error:

Couldn’t find a Leonardo on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected.  If it is correct, try pressing the board's reset button after initiating the upload.

I have also tried pressing the reset button as suggested but there is no change.

I have uploaded a video of the failing upload process, in case the particular light flickering is informative (but I can’t post the link yet as I’m a n00b).

Before realising that I probably needed to install the USBCore.cpp and boards.txt files, I did try to upload to it once as if it were a plain Leonardo. Is there any chance that doing that damaged it?

I have plenty of other Arduinos and access to an AVR programmer if I need to reprogram the bootloader or similar.

Thanks,
pix

I still can’t post links, but the video is “wRzCl50ucS0” on youtube.

We have test it under Ubuntu, and yes, we found a error. It is problem of protocol, so the program can’t be uploaded to seeeduino lite. We would try to solver it and put a solution here later. Maybe you can burn a leonardo boot loader to seeeduino lite and have a try.

Jacket

I think I found a solution! It seems that modem-manager is trying to connect to the device (they had the problem with the original Leonardo until modem-manager was patched).

You can set up a UDEV rule to get modem-manager to ignore the Seeeduino Lite:

$ echo 'ATTR{idVendor}=="2886",  ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"' | sudo tee /etc/udev/rules.d/77-mm-usb-device-blacklist.rules

Found the hint here: bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=861620#c2

pix

Hey, if I burn the Leonardo bootloader as a test, where can I get the Seeeduino Lite bootloader to return it to normal?

edit Oh, probably this: github.com/reeedstudio/Seeed32U … ino%20Lite

pix