Touch Shield Question

Hello,
I am new to Arduino. Is the 2.8" TFT Touch Shield compatible with the Arduino Uno R3? I am interested in making a project with a display and the Touch Shield seems cool but I have seen a few people saying it wont work with their Arduino. I have not bought an Arduino yet and I want to get the one that will work best with the Touch Shield. The Arduino will only be controlling the screen, all other processing I am doing will be handled by another controller, which will tell Arduino what to display.

Dear customer,

Yes it is compatible with Uno R3.
Arduino mage 2560 has different pins so lot of customer has the problem, it is our mistake before.
So we change the code and it is work now.

Best regards,

Yuri

Thanks Yuri. I have one more question. Since the touch shield covers all of the I/O pins, even the ones it does not use, can I still access these pins? I would like to do it without raising the screen with headers. Is it possible to get jumper wires under the shield so the shield will remain flat on the board? I am interested in another controller telling the arduino to display a letter on the screen. I think I need an analog input to do this, (to choose a predefined character that is already stored on arduino), is that right? Will there still be one available for that which I could connect to using a jumper wire?

Dear customer,

Here is the WIKI. seeedstudio.com/wiki/2.8’’_TFT_Touch_Shield
There already show you 4 pins is unused. D0,D1,A4,A5.
So analog pins is ok for you, change to A4,A5 then you can do your project.
But yes you need a jumper wire connect and code to Uno by yourself.

Best regards,

Yuri

I accessed the remaining pins using an Arduino Proto Shield between the Arduino and the display, but I see you do not want to do that.

The pins that connect to the Arduino are surface-mount soldered on the back side of the display PCB. They are staggered, so the pitch would be an easy-to-solder 0.2 in. They are not marked though so you would have to count them carefully. You could also solder jumper wires directly to the bottom of the Arduino. Those are thru-hole, so the pitch would be 0.1".

The Arduino and display are 21mm tall, not counting the feet on the Arduino. With the proto shield installed the height is 37mm tall.

Dear customer,

Sorry for your inconvenient.
Thanks for your feedback.
I admit that we are not consider in comprehensive.
But hope you can understand, because of your that we can be better.

Sincerely,

Yuri