System level software on J1020

I’m interested in the reComputer J1020, but I want to make sure what I would in fact be buying.

The web page says “Pre-installed official system Jetpack 4.6”. Does this include a base Linux system as is the case with the reference Nvidia kit? And is the media (eMMC) with the preinstalled system read-write? I’m asking because the Nvidia kit uses a SD card slot instead (and I am reasonably sure that is writable). I absolutely need to be able to modify the system configuration as on a general purpose computer, and to install or update system software packages. Just one reason why I need that, among many others to list here: eventually I need to run this system on a wifi, so I need to install any software necessary for that, and configure it with the network credentials.

Sorry for what may be a naive question, but I think in dev terms, not in hardware terms.

Thanks.

The reComputer is installed with Jetson Linux and comes with the Jetson Linux driver package pre-installed.
NVIDIA® Jetson™ Linux Driver Package is the board support package for Jetson. It includes Linux Kernel, UEFI bootloader, NVIDIA drivers, flashing utilities, sample filesystem based on Ubuntu, and more for the Jetson platform.
More information can be found on this page:

Thank you, @Citric . That was what I needed to know.