Sync on a RC transmitter PPM pulse?

I’m a newbie re oscilloscopes so my question might very well have an very simple answer. If not I’ll just have to start coding I guess. :nerd:

I am developing my own RC transmitter (except the actual radio which I have bought) using an AVR processor. The most important task is to generate a correct PPM pulse. My issue is that I can’t get the nano (v2, currently running BenFs 3.0) to display a whole frame. Obviously this is “non-standard” usage since there are many pulses in each frame.

Can someone tell me how to do it, or if it just isn’t possible with the current firmware(s)?

RCPPMpulse.png

This I think is an excellent question and a sign that focus is shifting from “… I can’t get this to work” to “… it works just fine, but how can I get the most from it”.

The captured waveform displayed on the DSO Nano screen is drawn from approximately 300 sampled points, whereas the total sample count is in excess of 3000 points. This means that for each trigger (screen refresh) you will see only 10% (time wise) of the signal actually captured. For many measurement tasks, this is all we need as the waveform typically repeats itself. For digital signal analysis however, looking at the captured signal further to the right (and sometimes to the left) of the trigger point is desired and needed. Fortunately this is more than possible with the V3 firmware.

The trick is to stop capture and then pan the captured waveform left or right. Panning left/right is achieved with menu item XA (X axis) and sub option “Trig Pos”. Using the left/right arrows, you offset the trigger position in steps of 1 horizontal div. Using this technique, you can pan left/right to see the full waveform captured (more than 10 full screens). To stop capture, you can use either the SING trigger or use NORM/AUTO in combination with R/S.

When panning left/right, pressing “B” (or long “M”) will reset trigger point back to center. Pressing “B” (or long “M”) when at center, will alternately show/hide the trigger position axis.

Hopefully others can chip in as well to share how they approach various measurement challenges.

Thanks a million! Both for the answer and for your firmware.