STM32MP157C ioc file

Hello,
I’m new to the ODYSSEY-STM32MP157C and would like to configure the controller for my own purposes. Is there any stm32CubeMX file (.ioc) where the SoM peripherals (RAM / eMMC / Clocks) are already initialized?

Sorry, this is an MPU, and we didn’t use stm32CubeMX when we were developing, as we do with traditional MCU.

If you do start working on an IOC file I would be most interested. If I get to it first I will post my work. I am interested in this as I will be using the M4 core and developing for that with STMCubeIDE.
I also used it to verify my pinouts when developing a custom carrier board.

Baozhu, some feedback, I think this is a fairly important and useful item to have for your customers in the future.

1 Like

Hi fightclubsheep,

I have managed to work with the CubeMX Configurator (IOC-File).
With help from the schematic it was not that hard to configure all the pins on the SoM.
It took me about 4-5h.

Unfortunately, I have no longer access to the data of this project and thus I am not able to share the IOC-File with you.
But I definitely agree with you that an STM32 CubeMX configuration File (.ioc) provided by Seeed Studios would be a big advantage for many developers and makers that want to work with the tools from ST.

Cheers,
mau5

I also would be very interested to get an ioc file for the SOM and/or the ODYSEE board. Its not only the pin configuration but also the SDRAM and clock configuration which one needs when making a design using the SOM.

Hi mau5 – If you had to re-do the work to generate an IOC file for the Seeed SOM, then modify it slightly for a custom board, do you have an idea what kind of effort would be involved? I am willing to pay for a few hours of contract assistance in order to generate the IOC file, and the correct Linux device tree for a custom board we have designed. It boots with the Seeed-provided Linux image (as well as the Seeed-provided Yocto build, but the device trees are incorrect for many of the pins we want to use in our project.