Stalker v328 with UartSB v2.2 USB to Serial

I don’t know whether this is the right forum for newbie questions. If not, I apologize. I have a new Stalker V328 with UartSB v2.2 which I just received today. I’ve installed avrdude and the driver, and am trying to run Blink on WinXP SP3. Getting the following message from avrdude:

Binary sketch size: 1010 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I get red flashing LEDs on the Stalker (D5) and on the UartSB (TX). The TX LED turns off after a minute or two.

I’ve set the Stalker up as Arduino Duemilanove or Nano with ATmega328. I’m powering the Stalker with a new 9V battery and a CR2032.

Could I please get some guidance? I have no previous experience with ATMega. How are the two switches on the UartSB supposed to be set? Mine are currently set to 5V and XBEE.

Hi,

Please feel free to ask any questions on the forum.

Binary sketch size: 1010 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum) avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

You can follow this step and make the right setting.
Arduino 0019 software: Tools -> Board-> Arduino Duemilanove or Nano with ATmega328 (you have set it).
Arduino 0019 software: Tools -> Board->Serial Port -> your UartSbee serial port.
OK, you can try to upload the Blink code to the stalker, and it will be fine.

How are the two switches on the UartSB supposed to be set? Mine are currently set to 5V and XBEE

You can set to 5V when the stalker works on 5V, and set to 3.3V when the stalker works on 3.3V.
The XBEE_VCC_BT switch uses to select Xbee or Bluetooth Bee when you want to use them.

Any questions?
Regards.

Problem resolved. FTDI driver was installed on COM4, not COM1. I was blindly following the getting started instructions at arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows#toc3, and for some reason assuming COM1. The Stalker is now doing the blinky-blink thing just as it is supposed to.

Thanks! Funny how everything just kinda falls into place when you can talk to the board!