Stable WiFi ntp failing

I’m very appreciative of the Wio Terminal architecture, and that it has a communications processor RTL8720DN.
Are there any examples of a stable test suite for this implementation of Tcp/Ip over WiFi ?

I appreciate the interface pointers on how to load RTL8720DN, but from what I’m seeing is it is still pretty raw, and maybe isn’t stable.
I am digging through the interface, and its not described - so that would be OK if an API is well defined.

I have built the ntp example in
https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/Seeed_Arduino_Sketchbook/tree/master/examples/WioTerminal_NTP and it runs for about 10 time updates at 15 minute between each update and then fails, I’ve repeated it a number of times.
The basic ntp code as listed requires an external RTC,
RTC_DS3231 rtc;
yet there is an internal RTC in the SAMD51~ so doesn’t seem like it was tested for a simple Wio Terminal before it was released into Seeed_Arduino_Sketchbook/

In building the code, there are numerous warnings about conflicts that seem to imply this is a pretty raw implementation.
C:\users\neilh77a.platformio\packages\framework-cmsis-atmel\CMSIS\Device\ATMEL/samd51/include/samd51p19a.h:547:0: warning: “LITTLE_ENDIAN” redefined
#define LITTLE_ENDIAN 1
c:\users\neilh77a.platformio\packages\toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi\arm-none-eabi\include\machine\endian.h:17:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define LITTLE_ENDIAN _LITTLE_ENDIAN

I am trying to integrate with another package, and many more warnings come up.

It may be that its not being set up right in PlatformIO, so any pointers if I’m doing this wrong.
My implementation is at

Hi @neilh20

Sorry for the issue caused, and yes there are some known bugs under this current firmware. We are planning to re-construct the Wi-Fi core using eRPC method instead of AT commands for now to reduce bugs. Currently BLE is under development on this framework and will be released within this month. WiFi is then after this.

Best Regards,
Anson

Thanks for getting back. Wonderful to hear.
In my experience AT cmds can take a lot of maintenance - easy to start with, but painful to stabilize.

Btw an interesting board that might provide power to Wio T -
https://lifepo4wered.com/lifepo4wered-pi+.html

Thanks for getting back. Hopefully the BLE is releasing this week :smiley: