Several Grove Shield projects won't work

I’m attempting to run all the “Getting Started” projects on this page. Some of them work, and some of them don’t. The ones I cannot get to work are:

Project of Detecting Sound and Light

It displays seemingly random number for the sound and light values. I’ve checked that all the components are plugged into the correct port.

Project of Detecting Motion

It doesn’t seem at all responsive to movement or lack of movement. It just periodically stops running the motor and servo, and then starts running them again regardless of any motion occuring in front of the detector.

Has anyone else successfully tested these setups with the code provided?

Hi - can you maybe repost the link? The link provided goes to “page not found”.

@tpilutti Thanks for responding! The link works for me, but here is the actual url:
https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove_Shield_for_Pi_Pico_V1.0/

1. Make sure that your Grove Shield is properly connected to your microcontroller or development board. Check the pinout and ensure that each Grove module is inserted into the correct port.

If you are having trouble with several Grove Shield projects not working, there could be a few reasons why:

1. Compatibility issues: Grove Shields are designed to be compatible with specific microcontroller boards, so it’s possible that the shields you’re using are not compatible with your board. Double-check the specifications of your board and make sure it’s compatible with the shields you’re using.
  2. Wiring issues: Make sure that you have properly connected the shields to your board and that all connections are secure. Check the wiring diagrams provided with the shields and make sure you have connected everything correctly.
  3. Power issues: Some Grove Shields require a specific voltage input to function properly. Make sure that you are providing the correct voltage and that your power supply can handle the load of all the components you’re using.
  4. Code issues: Make sure that you have properly programmed your board with the correct code for the project you’re working on. Check that you have included all necessary libraries and that your code is free from errors.
  5. Defective components: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it’s possible that one or more of your components may be defective. Try replacing the components one by one to see if that resolves the issue.

Overall, troubleshooting issues with Grove Shields can be challenging, but by checking these common causes of issues, you should be able to identify and fix the problem.

Thanks for sharing this information

Already replied this post check answer