Seeeduino Xiao MO and LiquidCrystal_I2C library

I am trying to use a Seeeduino Xiao with a BME280 Sensor to display Temperature/Pressure/Humidity on a 20x4 LCD display, using I2C as the connection between all 3 devices. I can create this easily using an Arduino Pro Micro for example, but when it comes to switching to a Xiao, there does not appear to be a LiquidCrystal_I2C library that works with the Xiao. I get error messages telling me the library only work with Arduino hardware.
Is there a library for the Xiao which will let it connect to an LCD via I2C?

After posting this message, after many weeks of trying (unsuccessfully) to get my Xiao to connect via I2C to a 20x4 LCD, I spent the day trying many alternative libraries and I have found one that works:

A number of keywords are different to those used in ‘standard’ LiquidCrystal_I2C libraries, so you need to work your way through the error messages that come up when you try to load a sketch based on LiquidCrystal_I2C.h or similar. The errors were all due to variations of keyword.
It’s worth the effort; once you get your sketch right, it compiles and uploads to the Xiao perfectly.
You need to make sure there aren’t any other active LiquidCrystal_I2C Libraries in your Arduino/libraries folder. If there are, rename those folders while you’re working with this library.

My final successful sketch is for a small weather station (built to encourage my Grandson’s interest in science), showing temperature, pressure and humidity. It uses a Xiao, a BME 280 sensor and a standard 20x4 LCD.

1 Like

I had to use the pcf8574 too, on a pro mini, but only 2 lines out of 4 work