Seeeduino V328 problems

We have burn a Arduino bootloader to it, and upload a test sketch.
Please try reburn the bootloader, the method is published in this page.
Thanks
Albert

i followed the method using the avrdude-GUI but i still get the error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x3f
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x3f

i tried the command line version as well and everything seemed okay, there were no errors or fails but when i tried to upload a sketch it gave the same not in sync error.

It seems a serious problem with your Seeeduino 328.
Would you please send it back to us to fix and find out the problem?
and we will send you a replacement.
As Chinese new year is very close to us, we will get 14 days vacation soon(Feb.7~Feb.21), please send it after Feb.21.
Thanks
Albert

hey there!

I follow exactly the instructions to fix the Seeeduino board, also I did under windows,
something very bizarre happening, after burned the new bootloader, I could upload a first sketch from arduino IDE and it worked very very fine!! however , I couldn’t upload new sketchs, a communication problem arise…
So, looks like the original problem continue…
after a new bootloader burn, I uploaded a new sketch, but only one…
do you know how can I proceed now?
I’m Brazil, so it’s something impossible to send back …

the board…
Seeeduino
v328 06/23/2009

Hi,
Please reburn the fuse, then burn the bootloader.
sorry for late reply.
thanks
Albert

… seems I have that problem too on my first board (Seeduino v328 06/23/2009).

LED without reference blinking fast, TX most times also blinking fast, programming from arduino-0021 leads in no reaction (no indication of sucessful / not succesfull programming).
Seeduino board is recognized as Port3.

Could somebody help me with AVRdude instructions: got problems with step 5.
With command line “=l114” / “=I114” I get error message:
AVRDUDE.EXE: invalid portname lpt1: use ft0 - ft9

With command line “-c SeedStudio -P ft0 -p m3” I get error message:
AVRDUDE.EXE: Can’t find programmer id “SeedStudio”

I am not in recommended directory (d:…), instead C:\FixSeeeduino_v328\ - might that be a problem?

Seems this might not be the ideal re-start into uC - have not played with that for the last 15 years…

Hi,
Got some problems with my board too ( V2.2 05/22/2010 ). Bought it about 3 months ago, been working with it almost every day and everything working fine until yesterday. Tried to upload a new sketch today, both red led lights flashing ok, arduino IDE reports no problem. Unfortunately, the program did not upload, Seeeduino is still running the program I uploaded yesterday ( or at least a corrupted version of it as indicated by the graphic LCD I am using with it ). Is this a related problem? If so, why should things just break like this? Will the solution posted previously work for me? Questions and serious doubts as to the reliability of these boards. I dunno, I may have to go back to my Arduino… :frowning:

Hi again,
Just tried the fix, everything seemed to go ok, no reported errors, got the led (L) to blink. Apologies, turns out the bug was in my software… :blush: My confidence in the Seeeduino board has been restored… Happy days…! :wink:

My Seeeduino v2.21 has suddenly stopped taking sketches. I have the Seeduino set for 5V and auto reset and am using Arduino 0022, set for “Arduino Duemilanova or Nano w/ Atemega 328” boards. I just keep getting device identifier and protocol errors. It was programming just fine but now just blinks normally when it is reset and the flashes the L led endlessly.

So my questions are:

1. Is there any source code for the bootloader available? Will a default Arduino bootloader work?
  2. Are the .rar and .zip files on page 4 upto date?

MIne too, but the Seeeduino v2.21 I have is a 168, all it does is blink pin 13 endlessly.

do i have to keep the pins connected after the procedure?

I bought one recently and i have the same issue so i think to try this out.

So far i change the port number, press reset button and make sure that the correct board is selected nothing works. the L LED is blinking green, and the TX/RX blink red when trying to upload but then it shows the error.

can i try a something else before using soldering to verify that this is the case?

I know is an old post but i have this issue now.

Thank for the trouble.

Cesar