Seeeduino upload error

I am trying to upload a sketch to my new Seeeduino microcontroller, and every time I press “upload to 1/0 board”, the process takes quite a long time and although it says there is no error with the sketch itself, it displays the following error code: “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00” or “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30”. What could this mean, and how do I fix it? It’s not a COM port error, as I know I have the right one selected, and I know I have the correct board selected- Arduino Uno on COM6. This is a weird error because I’ve looked all over the Internet for solutions and have found nothing. How do I get my sketch to upload?

I don’t work for Seeed, nor do I own the board in question, but let me try to help. I have a few Arduino-like boards, and have always found that when I get this message, it either means the device is not plugged in, or that I have either the COM port or board type specified incorrectly. There are a few other possible causes, but these are the most obvious.

The Seeeduino description says the following:

Notice that nowhere in the description is “Arduino Uno” mentioned. I don’t think Seeeduino IS an Arduino Uno clone: it is a Duemilanove clone. Try telling the Arduino IDE that you have a Duemilanove instead of an Uno. I can tell you that my Rainbowduino board (also from Seeed) presents itself as a Duemilanove, and the board you have is probably very similar to that.

Please try this and report back on whether it worked or not.

I selected for the first succesfull upload the Arduino NG or older ATmega168. After a few uploads, I was unable to upload again. After this i selected the Diecimila, now its uploading with this board setting (?).

Maybe a worktrough for you (and other readers.)

Greetz