Seeeduino Stalker V3 Voltages before I burn something up

I purchased a few Seeeduino Stalker V3’s and have several question about voltages so I don’t damage anything. I have read the Wiki, but still not sure.

I am not using the LIPO battery and not using the solar cell. I am connecting it via the UartSBee V4.

I have the UartSBee V4 set for 5V.

QUESTION 1: does the Stalker automatically drop the voltage to 3.3V for the onboard Bee plug in?

QUESTION 2: are the analog and digital Arduino pins (D0-D13 and A0-A5) working at 3.3V or 5V?

QUESTION 3: are the I2C and ICSP connectors running at 3.3V or 5V?

QUESTION 4: Will the VCC connection on the board be 3.3V or 5V?

QUESTION 5: after I program the board and don’t need the UartSBee V4, what are the different ways that I can power the Stalker? Can I power it through the solar connector and if so, what voltage(s) are safe? Can I power it through the VCC connection, and if so, what voltage?

Thank you.

Hello,

The board including the MCU, XBee etc… works on 3.3V VCC. There is a LDO that converts 5V to 3.3V. Hence, you could use 5V setting in UartSBee.

All the I/O are 3.3V Logic. I2C port has a logic level translator that can support 5V if VCC is 5V. ICSP is 3.3V.

The Stalker V3.0 can be powered by Li-Po battery(3.7V). The Solar battery is used for charging the Li-Po. It needs to be a 5V solar panel ( uses CN3065 charge controller IC).

Thanks and Warm Regards.

OK, just a little clarification:

So If I’m powering the Stalker V3 from the UartSBee V4, set at 5V and plugged into USB, then the I2C interface will work at 5V and the Stalker will automatically convert voltages up/down to 3.3V on the board. Correct?

Also, is there some way to power the board from a power supply (no battery, no solar, no UartSBee V4) and if so, where do I connect and what voltage? Will that still give me a 5V inteface on the I2C?

Thanks.

1.Yes. The I2C Grove port has the voltage level translator.
2.Use the 5V & GND pins hearder ( where UARTSBee is connected to Stalker V3).

This is a open source design. You could use the schematic and board files in Wiki to know more.

Thanks.