Seeeduino ADK and "OSCOKIRQ failed to assert" error

Hi there!

After a couple of months I’ve bought my Seeeduino ADK Main Board I’ve now took some time to play with it and my Nexus One phone.

I’ve followed all the steps from both:

seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.p … Main_Board

and

developer.android.com/guide/topi … ng-started

The problem is that I’m being haunted by this dreadful error:

“OSCOKIRQ failed to assert”

I’ve tried all kinds of tips found from the internets without success.

I’m powering the whole setup (ADK board and phone) from my PC USB port.

From what I’ve read about the “OSCOKIRQ failed to assert” error is that it relates to a bad usb host.

Am I screwed?

Thanks,

Bruno

Hello Bruno,

Are you using the modified MicroBridge library available at garden.seeedstudio.com/images/1/ … inoADK.zip ?

This error is mostly due to different SPI pin mapping. We have modified Micro Bridge library to support ADK main board.

Regards,
Viswa

Hi Viswa!

Yes, as I’ve mentioned, I also did folllow the steps at seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.p … Main_Board and they link to this modified MicroBridge library.

That was a no go! :frowning:

Thanks,

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

Is it possible for you to check the SPI communication between Atmega and Max3421 using a Logic Analyser or oscilloscope ?

Regards,
Viswa

Yes, I believe I can try to do that. I have a Saleae Logic Analyzer here.

So I don’t need to solder anything on the ADK board, right? I just need to connect the probes on the SPI pins from the headers on the board, right?

Thanks for your help!

Bruno

Cool. Saleae will help us find the root cause. You do not need to solder jumpers on ADK board. The SPI connected to Max3421 is available via the pin header marked ICSP. Other pins are available via the exposed pads at the bottom or use the pads of TXB0108PW IC.

Keep the eagle schematic and board handy.

Regards,
Viswa

Alright! I will give this a try when I get home then I will let you know the results!

Thanks,

Bruno

Saleae <-> Seeeduino ADK connections:

CLOCK - ICSP2
MOSI - ICSP5
MISO - ICSP1
ENABLE - Digital Pin 53

Configured Saleae to get 25M samples.

Sampling trigger is ENABLE falling edge.

SPI data dump is attached to this post (too big to paste here).

I’m a newbie at SPI, but assuming MISO is always 0x00, it looks like the USB host is not responding? :open_mouth:

If that’s true, the sad part is that the board is brand new and it was my first attempt to play with an Android device… :frowning:

Getting hopeless here…

Any thoughts?

Bruno
spi.zip (31 KB)

It turned out to be a bad soldered MAX chip!

Seeeduino support staff were great on tracking down the issue. They’ve sent me a new board and everything works as expected now!

Gotta luv Seeedstudio! :wink:

Thanks,

Bruno

Unluckily, this problem just happened to me. Bought the ADK Main Board here in Indonesia through your distributor Digi-Ware 4 days ago, tried many possible way since to make the board working, but keep getting error “OSCOKIRQ failed to assert”.

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Hi,

Have you tried the above solutions to this problem?

If it still does not work, please let us know. I will redirect your query to our internal team to check if it is a hardware issue.

Thanks

Same problem here, spent a lot of time trying to figure it out with no hope. Anyone can suggest anything?

Your discussion is looking cool and as per my experience the Saleae can help you to find the root cause.
Also there is no any need to solder jumpers on ADK board.
The SPI connected to Max3421 is available via the pin header marked ICSP.
And other pins are available via the exposed pads at the bottom or use the pads of TXB0108PW IC.