seeedstudio gprs v2.0 and arduino mega 2560

Hi,
Is the seeed studio gprs v2.0 compatible with the seeeduino mega 2560? I have used the gprs unit with a standard arduino uno r3 and it works fine however when i use it with a seeeduino mega i get no response. is there a different pinout configuration on the seeeduino mega to access the software serial pins on the GPRS unit?

Any help is much apreciated.

Richard.

Anybody???

Hi,
I got this information from the arduino mega reference site with respect to the software serial class:

Not all pins on the Mega and Mega 2560 support change interrupts, so only the following can be used for RX: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 50, 51, 52, 53, A8 (62), A9 (63), A10 (64), A11 (65), A12 (66), A13 (67), A14 (68), A15 (69).

This means that you CANNOT use D7 of the seeeduino mega for software commnuication with the GPRS shield V2.0 - you could use the hardware port (DO, D1) but only if you are NOT using the hardware port for anything else.

The only other option is to remove pin (7) from the GPRS shield and connect them directly to a pin on the mega that allows software serial recieve.

Cheers.

hey, some products have its own FAQ , maybe you can refer to FAQ of GPRS : seeedstudio.com/wiki/Talk:GPRS_Shield_V2.0

Good luck.