Scaling bug - signal amplitude depends on Ypos

There appears to be a major problem with the way signal scaling is handled. Try measuring a constant DC signal, alter the Y position of the trace, and see the reported amplitude of the signal change.

Yea, I see what you’re talking about. But, it was less than 5% off my Fluke. Oh yea, I have a Fluke for that kind of measurement. Sorry, the smarta$$ in me just pops out, you may be talking about something I didn’t see. Just FYI: Firmware 2.6, Sys: 1.34, App: 2.33, used a 9v battery and Fluke.

And I forgot to mention that I was looking primarily at the Vdc indication for the variation.

I suggested checking a DC signal because it should have a constant (and easy to verify with a meter) Vdc, regardless of timebase, range, ypos etc.

Maybe the problem isn’t as noticeable with higher voltages, but viewing a 200mV signal at 50mV/div, the reported Vdc varies from ~180mV to ~400mV as I increase Ypos.

OK, point taken. I don’t have a function generator with which to test, but I had planned to use this on, amoung other things, audio work and that kind of variation would be a big correction factor to have to constantly account for.

I noticed that the function generator has a wide variation, but since the documentation isn’t there yet, this might be due, in part, to your findings. I’d be interested in all input on this.

Hi,

Has this been resolved?

I do see a variation acording to the Y position (higher Y -> higher Vdc)
Will check the code when I can.

Could this be caused by bad calibration? especially the gain correction parameter?

btw, you can get a version of the app with some other fixed readings (rms, vpp, etc) here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2957