Rx Feedback from Bluetooth Bee

Hi! I am trying to get a PIC microcontroller to talk to the bluetooth bee, but I want feedback about the commands I send to it. I have the bee connected to the UartSBee module, and this is connected to my PC with a USB cable. They chat using the SSCOM terminal program. I also have the RX UART port of my microcontroller connected to the TX UART port of the UartSBee.

I can see status messages on the SSCOM terminal, confirming the commands I send.

Example: I send “+STWMOD=1”, I get:

OK

WORK:MASTER

+BTSTATE:0

+BTSTATE:1

Problem: How do I get these messages sent to the Rx UART port of my microcontroller? I have tried connecting the Rx port of my uCtrl to the Tx of the Bluetooth bee, but I just get the same command echoed back, and no confirmation messages.

Example: I send “+STWMOD=1” through the SSCOM to the bee
I get:

+STWMOD=1

from the Rx port of my uCtrl, even though I can see the

OK

WORK:MASTER

message on SSCOM. How do I get the status and confirmation messages to arrive to my uCtrl? I want it to say “OK / WORK: MASTER / etc.”, too.

Thank you!

Dear customer,

If you connect you bee and micro-controller via one UartBee it could not be success.
Because the serial port can’t communicate with 2 different port in one moment.

So you need to 2 different serial to transmission.
And first you need to pair them.

Best regards,

Yuri

Thank you very much! There were other silly things that were not set up properly (like power sources), but I have it working now!

I have one more question: Is it possible to change the class of the device? I see that the Bluetooth module from HongKong Electronics (seen here) has an AT command for changing it. I don’t see anything like that on the SeeedStudio Bee. Will it be possible in the future?

Thanks!

Dear customer,

It is can via AT commander to change the baud rate now.
You can view at seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.p … etooth_Bee.
There is some example for Buletooth.

Best regards,

Yuri