Hi,
Is there anyone successfully flash Rust programs using espflash tool on Xiao series or ESP32s3 in particular? I can’t find any guide for doing so, any sharing how to do it are appreciated. Thank you.
FYI, I build Rust using cargo and my program is no-std.
Best regards,
Tuan
Hi,
Finally I found how to do it myself, to share if someone need it :
$ espflash flash --list-all-ports --before usb-reset --after hard-reset --monitor --chip esp32s3 --flash-size 8mb target/xtensa-esp32s3-none-elf/release/the_elf_file
It is pity that the Seeed’s documentation is a bit poor, it just talk about Arduino IDE, no CLI like using espflash nor esptool.py.
Best regards,
Tuan
I think I am a little late with my answer, but it should be easy if you use one of the project generators like esp-generate , or a new one I found recently, xiao-generate.
ESP32-S3 is one of the best for playing with Rust because you can use it without any additional hardware debugging probe. It has USB JTAG debugging out of the box.
Cannot share links here, but check my project at GH rust-reterminal-e1002-examples for a working example.