ReTerminal DM PWM

I want to use the internal GPIO pins to drive a Servo (3.3V is ok). I don’t want to use the audio.

What GPIO pins can I use and what do I have to do in the Software and Python code?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi there, and Welcome.
I would start with the WIKI , look at the
reTerminal DM Getting Started | Seeed Studio Wiki
I won’t deny you of the awesome learning experience ahead of you. :smiley: :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:
and just blurt out the PIN numbers and Function. It’s all there.
You don’t say, are you wanting the GPIO inside the Reterminal that a rpi compatible?
(further down the page)
and as Luck would have it, A little more further down the WIKI are some code Not sure if it’s python but ask any additional question after you give it an eyeball.
ie;
DI-DO1
These are 5V logic levels, FYI

That’s a cool device , I don’t have one but may order a standard one without the cameraone for the display size.
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I have previously looked into the documentation.

The terminal blocks use GPIO24, 25, 26 and 6. And the PWM pins on the Raspberry Pi are GPIO 12, 13, 18, 19 So I can’t use the header and use the pins inside.

The pin GPIO13 is used for the backlight, so I can’t use this one. I don’t want to use Audio and have disabled the audio chip and some others in the config.txt file to get other pins to work. (We use 12 Outputs and 2 Inputs with the internal 40 Pin header).

I just need to know if I should use GPIO 12, 18 or 19 and how to configure them (possibly with boot.txt and Python) to get our servo to work.

Best,
Paul

Hi there,
Ah’ I see what your trying to do Now.
Yes I would use 12, 18, and 19 because those are the PWM pins left.
Is it raspbian? I saw the “repurpose SPI to GPIO” thread that’s in the ballpark a while back.
Do you have the Utility that shows the GPIO’s?
Gl :slight_smile: PJ