ReSpeaker 6-Mics - librespeaker - pulse_snowboy_1b_test std::system_error what(): Operation not permitted

Hello community,

I’m currently trying to run one of the provided librespeaker tests on my Raspberry Pi 4 (Raspbian) - ReSpeaker 6-Mic Array platform, using the following guide: https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker_6-Mic_Circular_Array_kit_for_Raspberry_Pi/#librespeaker-examples . I’m simply following the instructions command for command, and when I try to run the PulseAudio-based test, pulse_snowboy_1b_test, I get the following error message:

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::system_error’
what(): Operation not permitted

My system is very standard and up-to-date. I’ve performed a number of debug methods to try to get more info on this error, including GDB, but the output is pretty much the same and I haven’t been able to find any definitive causes. I’m currently thinking it could be related to my PulseAudio config, but again, I’m not sure.

If someone else has run into this issue before and/or has some advice, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I get the same error message. Have followed all the tutorials, cutting and pasting etc. I don’t know enough to work out what this means.
Thanks

@moonlight Just following up here. I got in touch with a Seeed Studio representative offline, and I got an answer. Unfortunately, it’s kind of vague: “There is an issue that has cropped up with the new Raspbian 5.5 release. We need to wait for a while for the 5.5 kernel to be stable and then we will solve the issues of the driver.”

I was advised to pursue newer HW models: the ReSpeaker Core v2.0 and ReSpeaker Mic Array v2.0. I’m going to give those a try. Best of luck.

Thanks for this. The silence is deafening! The forum is next to useless.