Respeaker 4 Mic-Array - driver installation problem?

I have a Raspberry PI 4B and I have followed the installation instructions found on your site under <YOUR_URL>/ReSpeaker_4_Mic_Array_for_Raspberry_Pi/ to the letter (3 times) but I never get the microphone to work.

I have attached the installation [attachment=0]RespeakerInstallationTraces.txt.tar.gz[/attachment] trace for your perusal. One comment I have about the instructions is that the initial

</s><i> </i>sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade <e>

Seems to be unnecessary because the install script downgrades the kernel afterwards. I don’t think this is my problem though.

My biggest concern is that the output from </s>pi@picroft:~/mycroft-core $ arecord -L<e> shows many more lines that don’t have anything to do with seeed4micvoicec. If these are not needed or wrong, please let me know how to remove them.

I know the installation has failed because of the following:

</s><i> </i>pi@picroft:~/temp $ arecord -Dac108 --duration=20 -f S32_LE -r 16000 -c 4 hello.wav Recording WAVE 'hello.wav' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 16000 Hz, Channels 4 arecord: pcm_read:2145: read error: Input/output error <e>

Your help is much appreciated. If any additional diagnostic commands are needed, just let me know.

I restarted the installation from scratch (by flashing the SD card with a vanilla version of Picroft) but this time around I skipped the setup wizzard that comes with Mycroft. That gave me the certainty that the MATRIXIOSOUND was being installed by the wizzard.

So far do good, I skipped the wizzard and had a cleaner sheet to start with. But the problem now is that the steps:

</s><i> </i>git clone https://github.com/respeaker/seeed-voicecard cd seeed-voicecard sudo ./install.sh sudo reboot <e>

Lead to nothing:

</s><i> </i>pi@picroft:~ $ arecord -L default Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) jack JACK Audio Connection Kit pulse PulseAudio Sound Server usbstream:CARD=ALSA bcm2835 ALSA USB Stream Output <e>

Full trace of said failed installation attached [attachment=0]FreshInstall.txt.tar.gz[/attachment]