ReSpeaker 2-mics Pi HAT Raspian version

Seeed team or someone more advanced than me… I bought 2 mic Hat as you see in topic title. It doesn’t work. To specify problem I tried cloning github and so on, like every tutorial says. But after sudo ./install.sh or (i found somewhere else) sudo ./install.sh 2 mics, nothing changed. Instalation ask to reboot, and after reboot i cant spot any new mics (sudo arecord -l and nothing) and same with outputs. I’ve tried reinstall raspian to latest version and i did everything from one of tutorials "

• User password
  • Network options – hostname
  • Localisation options – current time zone
  • Advanced options – expand the filesystem
    "
    And still nothing. I found on forum that i should reinstall raspian to older version and i dont really know to whitch one (posts are old). Anyone who know this problem pls i spend hours reinstalling everything and it really stopped my bigger project :c Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@jakubkivi ReSpeaker 2-mics Pi HAT should be working on the latest Raspian version. I suggest you send the raspberry pie dmesg log, and /var/log/seeed-voicecard.log, and we’ll analyze it for you,

/var/log/seeed-voicecard.log:

• dtparam i2c_arm=on
  • modprobe i2c-dev
  • dtparam spi=on
  • _VER_RUN=
  • CONFIG=/boot/config.txt
    ++ i2cdetect -y 1 0x1a 0x1a
    ++ egrep ‘(1a|UU)’
    ++ awk ‘{print $2}’
  • is_1a=
    ++ i2cdetect -y 1 0x35 0x35
    ++ egrep ‘(35|UU)’
    ++ awk ‘{print $2}’
  • is_35=
    ++ egrep ‘(3b|UU)’
    ++ i2cdetect -y 1 0x3b 0x3b
    ++ awk ‘{print $2}’
  • is_3b=
  • RPI_HATS=‘seeed-2mic-voicecard seeed-4mic-voicecard seeed-8mic-voicecard’
  • overlay=
  • ‘[’ x ‘!=’ x ‘]’
  • ‘[’ x ‘!=’ x ‘]’
  • ‘[’ x ‘!=’ x ‘]’
  • ‘[’ ‘’ ‘]’
  • alsactl restore
  • amixer cset numid=3 1
    numid=3,iface=MIXER,name=‘PCM Playback Route’
    ; type=INTEGER,access=rw------,values=1,min=0,max=3,step=0
    : values=1

syslog:
https://pastebin.com/RBGT26V2

I have tried to install this drivers on several different versions of raspbian and still nothing. I even tried to install this “raspian for respeaker” from bottom of readme, but it has only few MB on boot, so i decided to install old version of drivers. I checked when Readme was updated annd installed version from the same day. Still nothing. Now I installed latest version of raspian and drivers again but during instalation pi decided to close all windows and visual things and leave me with only wallpaper so i shutdown pi unistall drivers and installed them again. Here you have logs.

Make sure the Respeaker PI hat is always plugged into the raspberry pi when you install it. According to your log, the Pi hat is not on the board. @jakubkivi

It is plugged from the begining all the time like this.

. Is this possible that I have broken one?

Also now I tried to reinstall drivers and is this normal that during “Removing 'diversion of /boot/kernel.img to… by rpikernelhack” i lose control of Raspberry? It seems like this is not going to work again. Should i leave it or restart pi (previously i’ve restarted pi)?

So I have left this stucked for 6h and nothing happenned. After hard reset Rpi stuck on rainbow screen…

@jakubkivi
Can you check if the board is inserted into the board with this command? If the board is broken, it won’t be detected.

i2cdetect -y -r 1

“No such file or directory”. But i am actually starting to be afraid that maybe my gpio pins are not working properly. Is there any as simple way to check this as “i2cdetect”? I had read that when i connect 3 pin to ground raspberry should wake up when i shutdown it without unpluging, so i decided to try and nothing actually happened. Thats why i am worried aboit that.

And as you mentioned in the previous discussion, if it’s all empty here, it means that the hardware is not connected, and in fact you’re connected, there might be something wrong with the hardware.