Reference Voltage/ADC Reference on the XIAO esp32s3

Hello All! As the title states, I’d like to know if the XIAO esp32s3 has an exposed ADC reference voltage, or if the 3.3 Vpin has the same intended function. I’m aware that there were two posts with a similar question, but none of them had a reply. I would greatly appreciate you help!

A bit more background:
I’m using the XIAO esp32s3 with a DRV8302(link) to test/implement Field Oriented Control on a small fpv motor for educational purposes. I’m aware that the XIAO would not have enough I/O for later phases of my project, so if the XIAO does not have an exposed VREF pin, I am open to use any other microcontroller.

Thank you!

Hi there,
So You may already know the S3 has internal Vreff of 1100mv. each chip has the calibration values in the efuses to calibrate against, (+/-) I was looking at this thread, It states they DO NOT support external Vref, YMMV
https://esp32.com/viewtopic.php?t=29678#p102976
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

Thanks PJ for the information! I’ll figure out if the DRV8302. reference voltage could be left floating, or find another microprocessor that supports external vref. Do you know of any seeed studio products that support external vref?

Hi there,
So 3 phase motor control ? is it like this is what you are trying to get to?(green arrow)
A XiaoESPC6 may do the job with a port expander.?
Keeps it super small. Stackable too.

What is you application ?

HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

reading?