RE: The Motor Bridge Cape, BBGW, and a Webcam

Hello,

I tried to leave a new topic but I think I got stuck in translation during the update of your forums.

Is there a way to power a webcam on the BBGW when the Motor Bridge Cape is attached and I am powering everything from a 12 volt lead acid battery?

Seth

P.S. I have been trying to figure out why my webcam is not powered by the 12v battery supply when I have the Cape attached. Please send any guidance you have on this issue.

I’m not sure exactly what you want to do. @silver1row

Hi, @silver1row You can power the Webcam using the USB port! it only needs 5v for the normal webcam.

Hello,

Sorry. Let me try to explain it better.

I have the Motor Bridge Cape attached to the BBGW. Now, I use a 12v battery to power the Cape for use w/ four DC motors, some servos, and for the BBGW to be powered.

Seth

P.S. Then, I add the USB webcam and it does not work. I receive my error in the source stating “cannot view webcam” or whatever is stated w/ mjpg-streamer and my own source. My own source is just a shell script for a .service file to run on boot. If you need any more info, please do contact me.

USB webcam ,Can it work with normal power supply? Does it require a relevant Linux driver?

Hello,

I have gotten it to work before w/ the BeagleBone Black Wireless and the MotorCape attached from GHI Electronics.

Seth

P.S. Yes sir, it works and it has been known to work w/ the other boards but w/ vdd_5v and not sys_5v (I am pretty sure this is correct). I use a UVC driver plugin for access to the webcam on my bot .html page.

@salman,

Hello…do you think that adding power to the board and the Cape should fix my issue?

Seth

P.S. I know that when I power the Cape, the BBGW is also powered.