Rainbowduino Library Issue

Hello,
I’m a newbie having trouble getting started with the Rainbowduino. I have a Rainbowduino with the 8x8 LED matrix. I downloaded the Arduino IDE (1.0.5-r2), and the library for the Rainbowduino from arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries. Upon trying to load one of the examples (setPixelXY), I get the following compile errors:

C:\Users\David\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Rainbowduino3\Rainbowduino.cpp: In member function 'void Rainbowduino::init_timer1()': C:\Users\David\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Rainbowduino3\Rainbowduino.cpp:120: error: 'sei' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\David\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Rainbowduino3\Rainbowduino.cpp: In member function 'void Rainbowduino::latchData()': C:\Users\David\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Rainbowduino3\Rainbowduino.cpp:149: error: 'delayMicroseconds' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\David\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Rainbowduino3\Rainbowduino.cpp: In member function 'void Rainbowduino::drawLine(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, uint32_t)': C:\Users\David\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Rainbowduino3\Rainbowduino.cpp:300: error: 'abs' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\David\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Rainbowduino3\Rainbowduino.cpp: At global scope: C:\Users\David\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Rainbowduino3\Rainbowduino.cpp:369: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token

Any help would be appreciated!

How did you try the example? Did you use the examples menu in the Arduino IDE, or did you paste the code from a website? I’m not an expert on deciphering errors, but this suggests that maybe you didn’t paste all the code properly. Perhaps if you could paste the code in your sketch?

Dont know if you ever solved this - I think it’s due to installing the wrong libraries. I ran into a similar issue installing “Rainbowduino v3.0 Software Library” on Arduino 1.05. Turns out you need to install “Rainbowduino3.0 Library for Arduino 1.0”.

This is not clear from the seeedstudio.com/wiki/Rainbow_Cube page.

If importing the correct libraries didn’t solve your problem, you might look at the following: For some reason when I open the examples, the code is displayed in the Arduino IDE on two (duplicate) tabs, so it gets confused when compiling. To get around this, the easiest way I found was just to copy and paste the code from one of the tabs into a brand new sketch and then they compiled.

I don’t know how I got two tabs for each example, but my workaround works for me, so I don’t care as much about the reason. Hopefully it’ll help for you, too.