Problem with NFC shield v 2.0

Hello everybody, this is my first post on the forum, so please forgive me if i’ll do some errors :slight_smile:
I’ve bought an NFC shield v 2.0 (the black one) and i’ve attached it to my arduino uno board. Everything is fine, i connect the board to the pc, and then run up one sample (readMifarMemory as well as the others ones…), suddenly i get “Found chip PN532, Firmware ver. 1.6, Supports 7” and when i put in contact my tag (mifare 1k card) with the antenna i get nothing but: “Found 1 tags, Sens Response: 0x4, Sel Response: 0x8, 0x94 0x6F 0xFB 0xA6, Read card #2490366886” and then anything else…
i’ve made some basic debugging and found out that the problem is with the function “nfc.authenticateBlock(1, id ,0x08,KEY_A,keys)” that never returns true…so i tried to avoid the use of the function, and put a “nfc.readMemoryBlock(1,0x8,block)”, but it also return always false…
so what may be my problem? ayone knows? pls i’m really stuck with this stuff :frowning:

Thanks in advance!

Marco

Hi Mirco,

It’s likely that your tag’s keys are changed (default is { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF }).
The library on the wiki is a little old:(. To get the newest library, please go to https://github.com/Seeed-Studio.com and search “NFC”.

Hi Yihui,
What do you mean by tag keys changed?
Mine has the same problem. And if the tag keys changed, how can we read/write data since I cannot do it. I’m new with NFC here :slight_smile: