Problem with GSR sensor conncected to Raspberry Pi 3B+

Hi, I have bought GSR sensor and Grove Base HAT to connect it to Raspberry Pi 3B+. I did one-click installation of Base HAT as on this site https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove_Base_Hat_for_Raspberry_Pi/#installation . Then I took every step from https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-GSR_Sensor/ .

I have tried to run the program on Terminal with ( I use A0 port):
pi@raspberrypi:~/grove.py/grove $ python grove_gsr_sensor.py 0
and this is what I got :

Detecting…

Check whether I2C enabled and Grove Base Hat RPi or Grove Base Hat RPi Zero inserted

I2C is definitely enabled, I have checked this many times. I have also changed i2c adress in adc.py file from 0x04 to 0x08. When I run adc.py file with Thonny Python IDE, I get values :
-approx. 1940 when there are no fingers in sensor
-approx.800-900 when they are
So I guess, that both Base Hat and sensor are working. Still, I can’t run grove_gsr_sensor.py file in terminal (Detecting…
Check whether I2C enabled and Grove Base Hat RPi or Grove Base Hat RPi Zero inserted) and also can’t run it on Thonny , I get : Usage: grove_gsr_sensor.py adc_channel , what is obvious beacuse If case is done due to the <2 arguments.

I think I’ve tried everything. I need your help. What can I do? How can I get proper GSR values?

Hi guys, due to the epidemic, the chip used on this product has been modified from STM32 to MM32, so the I2C address has also changed - the address has been changed from 0x04 to 0x08.
Please check which chip you received before using this product, if you are using MM32, please change the I2C address 0x04 to 0x08 in the adc.py file.

Thanks to the answer provided by marty-optum:
https://issueexplorer.com/issue/microsoft/IoT-For-Beginners/287

I’ll share my experience here in case it helps others.

Environment - I had installed Raspberry Pi OS in “headless” mode with the smaller install footprint. As a result, I am running VS Code on macOS as my editor, and following the instructions at Remote access to code the Pi.

Here are the steps I took for my workaround:

In the terminal session to the Pi within VS Code, make a backup of adc.py by typing sudo cp /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/grove/adc.py /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/grove/adc.py.bak (because… safety)

In the terminal session to the Pi within VS Code, change the permissions on adc.py so that you can edit the file from within VS Code by typing sudo chmod 666 /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/grove/adc.py (This assumes you installed the python distribution patches in the same location as python3. Your mileage may vary depending on where you installed these Python packages).

Go to the File > Open… menu to open up the Open File Or Folder dialog box.

Enter in /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/grove/adc.py, then press the OK button.

In the adc.py file, go to approximately line 57, and change the 0x04 to 0x08 as shown below.

to: def init(self, address = 0x08):

Go to the File > Save menu to Save the adc.py file.

In the terminal session to the Pi within VS Code, change the permissions back on adc.py by typing sudo chmod 644 /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/grove/adc.py.

In the terminal session to the Pi within VS Code, run app again by typing python3 app.py.

I hope you can try to modify the address again according to the above steps. If it still fails, we suspect that your Raspberry Pi is malfunctioning. You can contact our technical support mailbox to complete the follow-up inspection or return and exchange operations. ,Thank you for your cooperation.

Sorry, that I’m responding after few days. I’ve tried to follow your instructions but it doesn’t work so probably my Raspberry Pi is the problem. I will contact your technical support, but first I want to make sure.
My grove folder is in /home/pi/grove.py not in user/lib/… , so I used another path and changed the address same as in instructions but it doesn’t work anyway. I have dist-packages folder in python2.7 folder but there is nothing with “grove” in it.

Does it matter or not? And if adc.py file is working and showing values it means that sensor and grove hat are working properly but something is wrong with Raspberry Pi? Is there any other option I can try to fix this problem?
I would really appreciate your answer.

I think there should be no contact. It should be a problem with the Raspberry Pi. You can send an email to the technical support and attach the link we discussed on the forum in the email so that my colleagues can understand your problem more quickly.