My problem is with the
[Grove Bluetooth module (dual mode)](https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-BLE-dual_model-v1.0/)
I suspect the module might be faulty - I just want to confirm with someone what I should expect in terms of results, so that I can rule out the possibility of user error.
What I did
As I understand it, the HM-13 should be in AT mode by default (like the more common HM-10, and I guess, 11 and 12). Sending “AT” does not return anything from the module.
I followed the instructions from Seeed exactly. I even tried foregoing use of the shield and manually wiring the module up to my Arduino, trying different example code, and different pins. I even tried not using the
SoftwareSerial library and wiring directly to the TX / RX 1 / 0 pins.
To send the commands, I used the Arduino IDE serial monitor, as well as some linux software called “CuteCom”. In all cases the TX / RX LEDs on the board light up but I never get a response.
- When scanning for Bluetooth devices with my Android phones (7 & 10), I see 2 HMSoft devices. I’m assuming one is for EDR mode and the other is for BLE mode?
- Should the board respond to AT commands when in Slave or Master mode?
- Assuming I connected the pins correctly, the board should respond to a simple “AT” request? In the docs, they use Windows software to send the commands, but I assume I can also do this from the Arduino IDE?
- How likely is it that my board is faulty?
- If I connect with my Android phone, the LED on the BLE module stays on - but pressing the button for more than 100ms as stated in the documentation, does not reset the connection - the LED stays on. Is this normal?
Thanks, and happy holidays!