Possibility on writing custom firmware for Grove Vision AI Module

Hello Seeed Team,

I’m thinking of doing some customized solutions by utilizing the onboard camera and accelerometer. But, your wiki pages only tell us how to use it with a co-processor like XIAO-series or via grove connector.

Is it possible for you to release documents (pinouts, which SDK to use, etc) on how to program the Himax ASIC directly?

Thanks,

Hello.
Sorry, we have no plans to release such tutorials at this time.

Understandable. But is it possible for you to provide the schematics of the board?

are you talking about Grove AI Hat on K210 ?
it is very nice module - I was able to access accelerometer and 16bit ADC on it with C++ standalone SDK
if you google - you will find schematics for it easily

No, I’m talking about the new Grove Vision AI Module. I couldn’t find the schematics anywhere.

Well it all depends what you are trying to do. AI Hat probably can do same thing as AI Vision module or even better

I agree with that. I have been using K210 module for a little while and I am impressed by the capability of such module, but again, I’m really interested on this new module powered by BL702 and Himax ASIC.

I would love to provide you with information about it, including its schematic. But unfortunately I can’t. It is closely related to another product of our company, and it is a very important one. This dictates that Vision AI cannot be an open source product, so much about it is confidential.

Alright. Thanks for clarifying.

We currently have plans for open source. Any news will be notified here as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that!

Now that Grove Vision AI V2 has been released, do you plan to open source V1 now?

Hi there,
I’m sure I heard them say in the LIVE stream that they plan on ALL Open Source endeavors for the AI , How else can users make new models and provide the testing results to others?

Funny some companies USE the open source in their products and It’s against the Licensing LAWs to do So and NOT provide source edits for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING touching the Public materials.

you can’t make a product from it and NOT release the source bottom line. However that doesn’t mean the schematic or hardware are though. Just FYI. clarification.

HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ
can’t wait to actually use some AI in my projects.

Hi @Zhou ,
what other information do you need about Grove vision ai V1? We have currently put the hardware information related to the V1 version on the Wiki, please check it out:

Hi There,
Allot of companies are going ALL_IN on AI. It’s a wise choice of Seeed Studio to ride the wave to make millions of Dollars in the AI space with Open Source and Solid Documentation going forward.

I’m excited to be watching and learning along with you. :slight_smile: :v:

GL :wink: PJ