Please post APP v2.53, SYS1.52 and FPGA2.61 Source to Git!

Seeeed: Can we please have the latest firmwares posted up to Git. I have asked in the resources thread and on Twitter - but both have been ignored.

To clarify - I am after the SOURCE code for the following: APP: 2.53 SYS: 1.52 FPGA: 2.61

Not the firmware, not a link to the GitHub repository that hasn’t been updated in 10 Months… Just the latest source codes please


(Hoping this finally gets answered after weeks of ignoring the question or having the question ‘answered’ with a link to the out of date GitHub…)

Those and… The bootloader source code also!

And HW 2.7 Schematics!

+1. I would like the latest source code as well. Cheers.

+1 Without source then it can’t be called “open source”
DS203 V2.7.pdf (69.6 KB)


So, not much changes. A few things shuffled around, useless and bandwidth-restricting D5 remains.

Some curious chip U20 GT20SL16S1Y added on SPI bus - cannot find docs.

… seems, that this is an alternative for the current serial Flash :question:

The C9-C12 modification is very interesting… could someone calculate the improvements on the frequency response?

Ah, missed that one totally!

It could have a large effect: it forms a part of low-pass filter, with corner frequency dependent on range (lower voltages -> less bandwidth):
Old 10pF: about 8 MHz
New 0.5pF: about 160 MHz (ignoring parasitic capacitances)

So it improves the bandwidth, but on the other hand can cause aliasing problems. But because the old antialias only worked for > 16 MSPS anyway, it’s not a big loss.

I doubt that the 0.5pF has much effect, the 74HC4052 already has 3.5 pF of input capacitance. One could probably just desolder C9-C12 from HW 2.6 and have it work like HW 2.7, for the better or worse.

I’ve removed C9-C12 and C73-C74 and now with spec_an the -3 dB cutoff has moved to about 10 MHz. Still better than before.
Regarding the phase, I noticed a bit of skew on upper frequencies, but that could be related to wrong probe compensation (I recalibrated that later). Tomorrow I’ll do other tests.

Anyway, I managed to display the 16 MHz clock of an Arduino using the x10 probe, so maybe the situation really improved…

increase the bandwidth of digital channels … tcount=473