Hello DSO Quad World
I just received my new DSO. It tells me “Hardware ver 2.60”, “Sys Ver 1.51” and “App Ver 2.52”.
After looking at the forum, I am somewhat confused… I’m looking for a firmware with as few bugs as possible and, if possible, X-Y mode. Which one shoud I use?
- It seems that the “engineering firmware” version 2.53 an has X-Y mode, but the link to it in the WIKI points to an App dated 6.1.2011 and Sys dated 29.12.2011, can this be the “newest” firmware? If not, where do I find it? Does it correct all known bugs?
- How good is the firmware of “marcosin”, does it keep the complete originial functionality of the DSO, adds more and corrects bugs?
- Can I use the two files of marcosin (app and sys) with my FPGA version (it seems it needs 2.22 and I have no idea what I have)?
- Which is newer, FPGA version 2.5 or 2.22? (22>5… or does 2.5 mean 2.50…)
- How good is the firmware of “chip” and where do I find an actual version?
- How complete is the functionality of the firmware of “gabonator” with the new nicer gui? Is it suitable for general use?
By the way, does “Hardware Ver 2.60” mean 2.6 or could it be 2.7B too?
Thank you for your help!