OPL Eagle Libraries

Hi Guys’n’Gals,

I note that there’s many components within OPL that aren’t contained within the downloadable Eagle libraries…
Since I’m strongly considering using several of those OPL parts in my project and also plan to use the Seeed PCBA service, should I just create the relevant components within the Eagle library myself, or should I patiently wait for Seeed to update the Eagle libraries?

P.S.
I was pleasantly surprised that the Seeed has the MAJORITY of components I’ll be needing within the OPL list! Either I am ‘plain lucky’, else Seeed is already manufacturing very ‘similar’ boards. (My project is loosely related to an Arduino Due and I’ve been using a Due as my dev platform to design the firmware.)

hi there,
the eagle lib just has been updated,you can download it now :slight_smile:
thanks,
dingding

OK, I have to admit it… I’m VERY impressed!
While I haven’t checked all the parts, I’m pleased to say the first few I checked are now present!
Well done and THANKS!

Hi Dingding,
I’ve noticed a few ‘quirks’ in the library (and I’m guessing these quirks have been present for a while).
Things like the existence of a tResitrict layer on the 8 pin DIP IC socket which should actually be on the tKeepout layer.
It took me a little while to realise what my ‘issues’ were on the dual row 0.1" headers… The pins are all numbered as if the package was a DIP IC!!!

I’ve made a decent swath of changes to the Seeed-OPL-Connector library to make them more ‘standard’.
If you’re at all interested, I’m MORE than happy to send you my ‘revised’ version of this library?
(I suspect it could be ‘helpful’ to others too?)

I’ve also largely completed my project BoM. The ONLY components that I could not find in the OPL library are truly trivial! (I’d like to use 39ohm 0402 sized resistors on the high-speed USB pins of the SAM3X8E CPU but the nearest I can find in the library at 0402 size is 49.9 ohm (i.e. I’ve had to specify 301010041 as there’s no 39ohm resistors in the library - let alone in a 0402 size)

Also, there’s a couple of components that are listed in the library, but aren’t (yet?) available to order as part of the PCB Assembly. One was easy to remedy - I simply swapped the BLACK 2*3 headers (320020077) for BLUE ones (320020003).
The second was similarly easy (although not ideal). I had to swap my 500mA PPTC fuse (307010002) with an incorrect 750mA PPTC fuse (307010010), I might as well just install a wire link as it’s not going to do what it should!

However, I’ve still got an issue on the SOT223 3.3V regulator (310030097 which is a CJT1117-3,3) - Do you have any suggestions?
Edit: I just uploaded the BOM again and this time, it’s worked fine… Thanks for fixing it.

Footnote:
I am still astounded that the comparatively small Seeed OPL libraries defined EVERY single component that I need. Even some of the more esoteric components like ferrite beads! WELL DONE SEEED!

Hi Spam,
This is Noura from Fusion team. I’m in charge of the OPL service. Gald to E-meet you here. I would like to listen to your suggestions and answer your questions.
Please see the marks below.

I’ve noticed a few ‘quirks’ in the library (and I’m guessing these quirks have been present for a while).
Things like the existence of a tResitrict layer on the 8 pin DIP IC socket which should actually be on the tKeepout layer.
It took me a little while to realise what my ‘issues’ were on the dual row 0.1" headers… The pins are all numbered as if the package was a DIP IC!!!

==Reply==>This is our mistake, we have already revised the eagle library. Please go to wiki to download the newest eagle library.

I’ve made a decent swath of changes to the Seeed-OPL-Connector library to make them more ‘standard’.
If you’re at all interested, I’m MORE than happy to send you my ‘revised’ version of this library?
(I suspect it could be ‘helpful’ to others too?)

==Reply==>Yeah :slight_smile:, we will be very gald if you chould send the files to us, I will share this to our layout engineer and learn this. Please share it to my email at noura.li@seeed.cc.

I’ve also largely completed my project BoM. The ONLY components that I could not find in the OPL library are truly trivial! (I’d like to use 39ohm 0402 sized resistors on the high-speed USB pins of the SAM3X8E CPU but the nearest I can find in the library at 0402 size is 49.9 ohm (i.e. I’ve had to specify 301010041 as there’s no 39ohm resistors in the library - let alone in a 0402 size)

==Reply==>We will think about to add one 39Ohm 0402 resistor to OPL. Before we add please check if 301010609 (33R 0402) can work at your board?

Also, there’s a couple of components that are listed in the library, but aren’t (yet?) available to order as part of the PCB Assembly. One was easy to remedy - I simply swapped the BLACK 2*3 headers (320020077) for BLUE ones (320020003).
The second was similarly easy (although not ideal). I had to swap my 500mA PPTC fuse (307010002) with an incorrect 750mA PPTC fuse (307010010), I might as well just install a wire link as it’s not going to do what it should!

==Reply==>It’s our system synchronization problem, we have solved this last week. Sorry for make you inconvenience. Actually you can also place the out of stock components, our purchaser will replenishment the inventory after they saw the order. But customer might don’t know this out of parts can be ordered. We will improve this part this month.

However, I’ve still got an issue on the SOT223 3.3V regulator (310030097 which is a CJT1117-3,3) - Do you have any suggestions?

==Reply==>Please tell me what’s the issue you faced, I will help you on this.

Edit: I just uploaded the BOM again and this time, it’s worked fine… Thanks for fixing it.

==Reply==>We would be glad if you have other suggestions while use this service.

Footnote:
I am still astounded that the comparatively small Seeed OPL libraries defined EVERY single component that I need. Even some of the more esoteric components like ferrite beads! WELL DONE SEEED!

==Reply==> :smiley:, We are very happy to help you. OPL now is truth very small, we will expand it to more common used components. You can also suggest common used components to us, we will evaluate it and add it to OPL.

Hi Noura,

I tried to send a response a couple of days ago, but obviously it failed to post, so I’ll try again.

I have downloaded the latest Eagle OPL library so that I can ‘cross check’ what’s been changed. (It’ll take me a day or two).
Once that’s done, I’ll email you my ‘edits’.
Something I’m mildly worried about is that if OTHER OPL users have already included the pin headers in their projects that I’ve renumbered pins on, it will make their schematic and / or layout somewhat messy if they ‘update’ that part to the renumbered pins. (Hopefully, there’s not a lot of projects yet that have used those OPL parts?)

The 33ohm 0402 resistor (310110609) should be fine to use instead of my original 39ohm 0402! (I somehow missed seeing it in the OPL library. Maybe I need glasses?)

I seem to have a new problem - I cannot seem to upload my BOM csv file into the PCBA system anymore…
(It now keeps giving me an “Error processing file” message).
Entering all the components MANUALLY (one component at a time) still works, but it’s rather tedious.

I’m hoping to finally submit my PCBA order within the next day or two. (By then, I should have stopped ‘tweaking’ my PCB layout… LOL).
I’ll only be doing a TINY 2-3 boards on the first run just in case I find any inherent errors on my design.

Hi Spam,
I’m really really sorry for my late reply.
For the BOM file problem, you can send me your BOM file to check. You know my email address right?

the eagle lib just has been updated,you can download it now