Only 2GB of 32GB available for /dev/root. Can it be increased to large size?

Dual Gigabit Ethernet NICs Carrier Board for Raspberry Pi CM4 with 4GB RAM/ 32GB eMMC

The max disk space available is 2GB. While the disk size is 32GB.

See Belwo

root@OpenWrt:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 2.0G 1020.8M 979.1M 51% /
tmpfs 1.9G 4.3M 1.9G 0% /tmp
/dev/mmcblk0p1 255.7M 16.4M 239.4M 6% /boot
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/root 2.0G 1020.8M 979.1M 51% /opt/docker

I have the same issue. How do I expand the partition to use the full 32GB?

Thanks!

I’d very much appreciate it if someone could give me an answer. Seeed say that this forum is to get technical support on their products, but I haven’t seen any support from them on this question.

I’m a Linux newbie, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

After burning an image from a Disk with more memory than the image, some of the free memory cannot be used, resulting in an Insufficient space error or failure to run large projects

The first step is to install gparted: sudo apt install gparted

Step 2, open gparted, select the expanded disk, you will see that part of the disk is yellow and part is gray, gray is the unavailable part

Step 3, right-click the yellow area and select Unmount to uninstall the disk

Step 4, right-click the yellow area, select check, click the tick above the software to confirm

Step 5, select Resize/Move to modify the size of the capacity, directly drag the right part of the white part to the far right, and then click Resize/Move, the expansion is complete.

Thank you Citric for replying.

Will GPARTED work under the OpenWRT environment?

It should be possible, I found this.

It seems others have been able to mount emmc separately. I went as far as getting a connector for the USB header and jumpered the pins. But I cannot mount as a drive on any other system, so I don’t know how you are able to expand. I used the web interface to expand the partition, and while it allows this, it doesn’t run fsck or anything after rebooting. Were you able to boot off the sim card or usb drive? It seems I could change the boot up script for that, but didn’t want to make a single change yet. thanks.