Odyssey xj4105 and openwrt

@lakshan
I am trying to get an Odyssey xj4105 to boot using both the seeedstudio openwrt nightly builds as well as with openwrt x86_64 generic 21.02.2 image

The boot commences and locks up midway through the boot sequence with both images. In your blog post you use the Odyssey xj4215. can you think of why it doesn’t appear to boot fully with the xj4105 ? Is there some bios setting that 8 should be aware of to make it work?

Thanks

Hello @dq11,

Can I know where you are running the image? Have you flashed the image to a USB flash drive and running from it?

Yes flashed to a USB SSD drive and running from it
Similar issue when booting with a USB flash drive also.

Do you think if I use the sata or nvme port, I may not run into this issue?

I seem to be having a similar issue. Please advise

@lakshan
I am hoping you can shed some light into this mystery. How is it it works for you and not us?

Hello @dq11,

Please wait. I will test it again and reply here after I start working again tomorrow after the weekend.

@lakshan
Thanks yes I will wait patiently for an update from you. It does not matter whether I run with usb drive or the native sata or nvme drive, it hangs midway through the boot sequence with the openwrt image. Clearly your results are far more successful than what i get

Hello @dq11,

I just tested with a USB flash drive and get the same error message now. I think you can ignore that error message, because OpenWrt works well even with that message.

Please follow the below connection diagram and you will be able to access Luci Web UI on 192.168.2.1:

Also, the network connection will be successfully routed through the X86 to your connected clients.

Please let me know your results.

Thank you.

Hello @lakshan
For me, the USB keyboard doesn’t function. Is it the same for you? Please post a link to which specific openwrt image file you used, so I can use the same one.

Hello @dq11,

Can I know why you want to connect a keyboard to ODYSSEY? It is not necessary. The HDMI output that you see from X86 is the kernel log. Just connect the X86 to your router and other clients (PC) according to my previous response and follow the wiki.

Thank you.

@lakshan

Happy to report the image dated 03-03-2022 openwrt-x86-64-generic-ext4-combined-efi.img.gz downloaded from ```
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. seems to boot and the keyboard input works too. This is on the odyssey xj4105 hardware

Thanks again for your support

1 Like

@lakshan
Is there a reason that you are targeting 21.02-snapshot instead of 21.02.2 stable ? Can we get a stable x86_64 build ?

Hello @dq11,

We do not have stable builds for now. We will update this to support stable builds in the future.

Thank you.