Odyssey X86J4105 5G Cellular setup?

I am based in Tokyo and recently got a 5G SIM that is backwards compatible with 4G.
I’ve inserted the nano SIM with a Micro SIM adapter.

I opted for the windows 10 enterprise OS but I don’t see and “Cellular” networks options.

Do I need to purchase ta Cellular Module?
Could I have a link to the correct one for 5G and antennas if needed.

Thank you.

I am interested too !
which 5G cellular modules are recommended ? where to buy ?
thx

Hi @rohan.k.tokyo

For now there are limited 5G modules out there, and we are limited to test. We are currently under discuss with a Operator company in China. We may have a 5G module released on our page(not 100% sure yet). Please stay tuned to this.

For your case, I suggest to use 4G module for now if there is no urgent needs :smiley:

Do you have a 4G modem that you recommend and known function with a JP telco? We need it to work in Ubuntu 18

The recommended 4G module for Odyssey-X86 is this series: https://www.seeedstudio.com/Quectel-EM06-A-LTE-Cat6-Module-p-4565.html

But if you want to use the Module in JAPAN, then you will need this version: EM06-J. This is not listed on the website but we are able to get them and they all have the same specs. Only differences are the region to use.

@ansonhe97

Thanks Anson,

Can you pass thet part number to Sylvia and let her know I would like to order one for eval.

Thanks

Will do and happy to help :smiley:

Could you give a link to the JP version as I will make the purchase today.

Thank you.

I am interested, mate.

Fun fact, the CPU never actually sees the SIM card. SIM is wired directly to the m.2 slot. The WWAN card sees the SIM, the CPU sees the WWAN card (using USB).

In general, I don’t know much about these technologies. The other day I could not even establish the Internet for myself and asked a friend about it, I did not even know where to call, to which company. And my best friend showed this company aerial fiber . I immediately called there, asked everything, and literally a few days later they already installed the Internet and installed a new router. By the way, I also put television on my home and I really like it. Now I live in a small town alone, and I have one of the fastest internet connections, and I am happy about it :slight_smile: